Shop Hop! Ugly Fabric Quilt Contest! Lucy Boston EPP!
March is here and there is so much to tell!
First, we hope that the Wildflowers All Around Shop Hop is on your calendar and you're planning your shopping route! As in the past, there is no fee to participate in the Shop Hop. As you visit the shops on the route you will receive a free FQ and a free pattern, and you can register for the daily prizes at each shop. Just pick up at Passport at your first stop and then make sure to have it stamped at the other participating shops. The Grand Prize this year is a Quilter's Retreat for 8 in McQueeney!!! To be eligible for the grand prize you must visit all 6 shops and turn in your completed Passport. For more information, and a map to all of the shops, visit the Shop Hop website or Facebook page.
Our 3rd Annual Ugly Fabric Quilt Contest kicks off on Thursday, March 28th along with the Shop Hop. We have selected 6 fabrics that just don't want to leave our Studio and have designated them as our 2019 "ugly" fabrics. To participate you must purchase 1 yard of one of the designated fabrics (for just $3), take it home and let your creativity soar! You have all summer to create a quilt that is at least 40" square and must have the "ugly" fabric in it somehow. As in the past you can add any other fabrics and use whatever design you want. Finished quilts will be displayed in the Studio in September and shoppers on the Fall Frolic Shop Hop (September 26-28) will determine the favorite "Ugly Fabric Quilt". More contest details will be available in the Studio beginning March 28th.
Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses Workshops are scheduled! This is a fabric and English Paper Piecing project that may totally change the way you look at fabric again. Instruction will provided on the hand-sewing method (no machines!) for combining fussy-cut honeycomb shapes to create your own one-of-a-kind Lucy Boston block. Workshop size will be limited to allow time to play with fabric and learn the technique. We are eager to share this popular technique and hope to have our own Lucy Boston fan club...and maybe even a "sip and sew" monthly event...hmmm....
April Projects of the Month
Our Projects of the Month continue! The projects will be available to pick up at the Textile Studio on either the second Monday or the third Saturday of each month. Pre-registration/payment is required for both of these projects. You can stay at the Studio and start working on them with others, or take it home and finish. When you pre-pay for the following month you'll get 10% off that kit.
- Barn Block Minis- The April project is a bright 13" barn block type mini quilt that can be used as a wall hanging or displayed on a stand. Another option is to join all 12 blocks into a quilt at the end of the year. The patterns can be purchased separately or with a kit. Each pattern contains the directions for two blocks. The kits will have both the pattern and the fabric to make one block.
- Pixel Piecing Project of the Month- The April project uses 2" squares to make an umbrella and raindrop themed wallhanging or small quilt. Using the EasyPiecing Grids by "Tensisters Handicraft" it is a great stash buster idea. Fabric squares are heat bonded to a fusible grid, then sewn and the project is completed quickly. It is available as a kit and will include the EasyPiecing Grid and approximately half of the pre-cut squares needed for the monthly project. You will just need to add more fabric from your stash to complete the project or purchase additional pre-cut squares.
March and April Important Dates:
- Thursday, March 21 & April 4: One Block Wonder
- Saturday, March 23: Stitchin' Sisters
- March 28-30: Wildflowers All Around Shop Hop
- April 15 & 20: Projects of the Month
- Thursday, April 18: Texas Star
- Thursday, April 25: Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses
- Saturday, April 27: Stitchin' Sisters
- Thursday, May 16: Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses
Stay up to date with workshops and events by visiting us on Facebook or checking the website!
Hope to See Y'all at the Shop Hop!
Ruth, Kathy, Pam, Charity, Dawn and Jackie
Uptown Blanco Textile Studio, On the Corner of 4th and Main
317 4th Street, PO Box 1079
Blanco, Texas 78606
830-833-1579 ext. 3