Happy January from Uptown Blanco Textile Studio
The new year is already looking great! We are receiving new fabric and they are all oh so gorgeous! From the ombre Bohemian Rhapsody fabrics to the Nature Indigo Walk fabrics to the valentine themed Hearts of Love fabric, they will surely inspire you to be creative! Science continues to prove that our brains need creativity in our lives to help us overcome feelings of being overwhelmed in today's 24/7 digital world. So, if you're still looking for a 2019 goal, make sure that engaging in some type of craft is on the list. Think of crafting as a health benefit, and not something to apologize for!
If you follow us on FaceBook or Instagram you can see the fabric and sewing items as they are put out on the shelves. Otherwise, be sure to check the New Items on our webpage to see what are the latest arrivals. In order to make space for the new fabric, "older" fabric has been moved to the clearance shelves. And when you're in, make sure to check out the Last Chance fabric shelf, that fabric really needs to find new homes. Christmas fabric is now discounted 20%.
Our Handi-Quilter Amara longarm machine has already had a few trial runs, and this week the Studio ladies will be learning the best practices from a certified instructor on how to set up and use the longarm. We are so excited! As soon as we are ready to provide longarm services or rent the machine, we will let you know.
January Projects of the Month
Our two Projects of the Month begin next week. The projects will be available to pick up at the Textile Studio on either the second Monday or the third Saturday of each month. Pre-registration/payment is required for both of these projects. You can stay at the Studio and start working on them with others, or take it home and finish. When you pre-pay for the following month you'll get 20% off that kit.
- Barn Block Minis- This monthly project creates a 13" barn block type mini quilt that can be used as a wall hanging or displayed on a stand. Another option is to join all 12 blocks into a quilt at the end of the year. The patterns can be purchased separately or with a kit. Each pattern contains the directions for two blocks. The kits will have both the pattern and the fabric to make one block.
- Pixel Piecing Project of the Month- This project uses red and white fabric 2" squares to make a valentine themed wall hanging or small quilt. Using the EasyPiecing Grids by "Tensisters Handicraft" it is a great stash buster idea. Fabric squares are heat bonded to a fusible grid, then sewn and the project is completed quickly. It is available as a kit and will include the EasyPiecing Grid and approximately half of the pre-cut squares needed for the monthly project. You will just need to add more fabric from your stash to complete the project or purchase additional pre-cut squares.
January & Upcoming Important Dates:
- Monday, January 14: Project of the Month- February's Barn Block Mini and Pixel Piecing Project
- Saturday, January 19: Project of the Month- February's Barn Block Mini and Pixel Piecing Project
- Saturday, January 26: Stitchin' Sisters
- Monday, February 11: Judy Niemeyer Sit and Sew
- Monday, February 11: Project of the Month- March's Barn Block Mini and Pixel Piecing Project
- Saturday, February 16: Project of the Month- March's Barn Block Mini and Pixel Piecing Project
- Saturday, February 23: Stitchin' Sisters
- Tuesday, February 26 & March 5: Jelly Roll Rug
- Thursday, March 21 & April 4: One Block Wonder- details coming soon!
- March 28-30: Wildflowers All Around Shop Hop
Stay up to date with workshops and events by visiting us on Facebook or checking the website!
Ruth, Kathy, Pam, Charity, Bambi and Dawn
Uptown Blanco Textile Studio, On the Corner of 4th and Main
317 4th Street, PO Box 1079
Blanco, Texas 78606
830-833-1579 ext. 3