November Uptown Blanco Textile Studio News
It is almost Thanksgiving, are you ready? The cold weather certainly helps us realize that summer is over, yet it feels like we skipped autumn and jumped right into winter. With the changing of seasons we would like to welcome the "winter Texans" that are beginning to arrive back to the Hill Country. Some have already stopped in to say "hi" and we enjoy renewing the connections and learning what they have been sewing since we saw them last.
International Quilt Market and Quilt Festival in Houston- Oh My!
Quilt Market was held the weekend before the Houston Quilt Festival and it is the time when retailers have the opportunity to see and order fabric, patterns and notions that will be available later this year and early next year. Coming to the Textile Studio next year are Barn Block Mini Quilts & EasyPiecing Grid Projects which will both be monthly projects, also quilt-as-you-go items, and lots of fabrics (Andover, Moda, Island Batik- just to name a few!). It can be a bit overwhelming to decide what to order and when it should arrive, it's like being a kid in a candy store! It does seem a bit strange, but now is the time to order holiday fabric for 2019 in order for it arrive during the summer. Did you attend the Quilt Festival? If you did, what inspired you the most? We'd love to hear about it!
Memphis Blues Block of the Month
The Memphis Blues Block of the Month (BOM) batik quilt has been receiving "oohs" and "aahs" as it is seen on display. The quilt will finish at 73" x 85". We still have seven spots open for the BOM, and if you've missed the details, here they are: the monthly cost is $27.99 (plus tax) and includes the fabric & pattern for each month, and binding to make a quilt just like the original quilt. The monthly kits can be picked up at the Studio or mailed (we will charge the actual shipping fee). You also have the option of buying the 12 monthly kits all at once and if ordered by December 1st, we will discount the price by 10%. If you are interested, come in and register, or call and we can sign you up over the phone.The quilt has been on loan from Island Batik and will go on to another shop at the end of November.
Happy 5th Anniversary to Us!
Our 5th anniversary is almost here! Please join us as we celebrate on Friday, November 30th and Saturday, December 1st. We will have a very special present for everyone that visits us during the celebration! No RSVP required, just plan on coming by and help us celebrate!
Holiday Make and Take Ornament Workshops
Last year's Make and Take Ornament Workshops were so well received, we will be doing it again. Plan to join Kathy and learn how to make two no-sew (or minimal-sew) ornaments. Attendees will can select and make two ornaments, from four provided. The kits and all supplies will be provided, no sewing machines required, just bring your willingness to learn (and $7)! The workshop will be offered several time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, click on the link below for dates and to see a photo of the four different ornaments you can make.
November, December and even a few January Events and Workshops:
Additional information about each opportunity can be found on our website, registration can be completed online, over the phone, or in person when you come in to the Studio. Click on the links below for more information.
- Saturday, November 17: Stitchin' Sisters
- November 22: Closed for Thanksgiving Day
- Tuesday, November 27: National Pins & Needles Day
- Tuesday, November 28: Make & Take Christmas Ornaments
- Friday, November 30: Fat Quarter Friday
- Friday, November 30 & Saturday, December 1: Happy 5th Anniversary Celebration
- Monday, December 3: Large Dresden Plate Table Topper
- Thursday, December 6: Make & Take Christmas Ornaments
- Friday, December 7: Judi Niemeyer Sit and Sew
- Monday, December 10: Mug Rug Monday
- Tuesday, December 11: Make & Take Christmas Ornaments
- Saturday, December 15: Make & Take Christmas Ornaments
- Saturday, December 15: Stitchin' Sisters
- Monday, December 24: Textile Studio closes at 2 pm
- Tuesday, December 25: Closed to celebrate Christmas
- Monday, December 31: Textile Studio closes at 2 pm
- Tuesday, January 1: Closed to celebrate New Year's Day
- Monday, January 14: Barn Block Mini Quilt of the Month- more information to be available soon
- Monday, January 21: Texas Star Workshop
Stay up to date with workshops and events by visiting us on Facebook or checking the website!
Have a very Happy Turkey Day!
Ruth, Kathy, Pam, Charity, Bambi and Dawn
Uptown Blanco Textile Studio, On the corner of 4th and Main
317 4th Street, PO Box 1079
Blanco, Texas 78606
830-833-1579 ext. 3