September Uptown Blanco Textile Studio News
Happy National Sewing Month!
In 1982 President Ronald Reagan declared September as National Sewing Month “In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation.” No matter what your preferred method of sewing- hand or machine- please take the time this month to recognize your craft and your accomplishments. This month should also be a time to think of how we can pass on the joy of sewing to younger generations to keep the craft not only alive, but thriving.
Are You Ready to Frolic?
The Fall Frolic Shop Hop is just a month away! The Shop Hop is scheduled for Thursday- Saturday, October 11, 12 & 13. The other shops participating include Stitch Studio (Wimberley), Scrappy Quilter (Schertz), One Quilt Place (Fredericksburg), and Sew It Fabulous (Boerne). Each shop will provide a free 12" block pattern that has either a fall or winter theme, a free FQ, and the chance to win prizes. The Grand Prize this year will be five $50 gift certificates, one from each of the participating Shops! That means $250 of fabric, tools or notions- WOW!! To be eligible to win the Grand Prize you must visit all five shops during the Shop Hop and get your Passport stamped. A Passport can be picked up at your first Shop stop (and the Passports are free).
The Textile Studio's free block pattern features the one-seam flying geese technique. We will have kits available to make the block in fall and Christmas themed fabrics, and each kit will have sufficient fabric to make four of the blocks.
Our Second Annual Ugly Fabric Quilt Contest...and the winner is....
If you signed up to participate in the Ugly Fabric Quilt Contest be sure to bring in your completed quilt by the end of September. We will be hanging the quilts in early October and customers coming in for the Shop Hop will be voting for the favorite quilt. This is yet another good reason to visit us during the Fall Frolic Shop Hop!
September and October Workshops and Events:
Additional information about each opportunity can be found on our website, registration can be completed online, over the phone, or in person when you come in to the Studio. Click on the links below for more information.
- September 21: Crazy Quilting with Shape Cutting Dies - using a Sixxiz die to cut multiple layers of fabric, make a crazy quilt block quickly
- September 25 & October 2: Jelly Roll Rug Workshop
- October 4: Hand Embroidery- Two workshop times offered (1 pm and 3:30 pm)
- October 8: Mug Rug Monday- make a pumpkin mug rug
- October 11, 12 & 13: Fall Frolic Shop Hop
- October 23: Scrappy Strippy Stars- a great way to use strip scraps
- October 23: Texas Star Workshop - a favorite workshop using 2.5" strips to make a large Texas Star block
- October 25: Bargello Banner- make a holiday banner in a quick bargello technique
- November 9, 16, 30 and December: Intro to Quilting- For the beginner quilter, learn quilting techniques while making a small quilt
- November 13: Quilt as You Go Bargello Table Runner
- November 22: Closed for Thanksgiving Day
- November 30: Fat Quarter Friday
Stay up to date with workshops and events by visiting us on Facebook or checking the website!
Happy National Sewing Month!
Ruth, Kathy, Pam, Charity, Bambi and Dawn
Uptown Blanco Textile Studio
On the corner of 4th and Main
317 4th Street, PO Box 1079
Blanco, Texas 78606
830-833-1579 ext. 3